Airbus Delivered 471 Helicopters, Booked 402 New Orders in 2014
Airbus Helicopters has delivered 471 helicopters from the companyís civil, parapublic and military product lines and booked 402 net orders last year.
In addition, the backlog was adjusted to include a reduction of 33 NH90s. Military products represented 48 percent and the rest was Civil, according to the company press release.
Airbus Helicopters has marked progress with its transformation plan in 2014 by enhancing customer support and services, with safety as the priority.
Airbus Helicoptersí products accounted for 58 percent of consolidated turnover; the other 42 percent was generated by services. Moreover, 54 percent of consolidated turnover came from Europe, the Middle East and Africa; 27 percent from the Americas and 19 percent from Asia and Pacific.
New product development made headway last year, clearing the way for a 2015 first flight of its next-generation X4 medium twin engine rotorcraft to be unveiled at the Heli-Expo trade show on March 3.
Highlights of 2014 included strong commercial results for the EC145 rotorcraft family in both civil and military versions, logging a near doubling of orders booked during the year; while annual deliveries of heavyweight helicopters surpassed the 100 milestone for the first time as the company provided 53 NH90s and 48 Super Pumas to customers.
Decemberís entry into service of the EC-175 represented another key 2014 achievement, with this rotorcraft now operating on oil and gas installations in the North Sea.
Deliveries and new contracts will continue in 2015, backed by the industrial ramp-up and a dedicated plan to ensure this helicopterís maturity.
The first digital avionics suite to be designed and integrated by a rotorcraft manufacturer, Airbus Helicoptersí new Helionix made its debut last year on both the EC175 and EC145 T2.
Source: BY XAIRFORCES ∑ 6 FEBRUARY 2015
Photo: France-based Airbus Helicopters handed over 471 aircraft last year and gathered orders for 402óboth 5-percent drops. (Photo byAirbus Helicopters)